Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Hello,

A program I developed with Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS, won't run
on a windows 98 - PC. On a windows 3.1, 3.11 & windows95 - PC it works
just fine.
When I start it on a 98-machine it returns error code 200 (division by
zero).
Sometimes it will start though, all very confusing.

Anybody got an idea.

Peter Hageman

E-mail: PeterHage...@usa.net

Re:Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Peter Hageman wrote:
> A program I developed with Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS, won't run
> on a windows 98 - PC. On a windows 3.1, 3.11 & windows95 - PC it works
> just fine.
> When I start it on a 98-machine it returns error code 200 (division by
> zero).
> Sometimes it will start though, all very confusing.

See:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9553/tpbug.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp_pat.html
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/Pas-time.htm#Delay
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/Pas-time.htm#R200
and many more.

     - Rich

Peter Hageman schrieb:

> Anybody got an idea.

No, I wonder what that could be... ;-)

Congratulations! You are the 1 billionth person to ask this question. You
have won a free download of the FAQ.

Re:Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

Are you using a Pentium II? This is an old problem in this newsgroup.
Nobody wants to answer you. I do not have the links ready at hand, but
there are solutions. Try altavista.

PP

In article <36AAE804.D6261...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk>,
  PP <kam1...@vip.{*word*104}city.dk> wrote:

> Are you using a Pentium II? This is an old problem in this newsgroup.
> Nobody wants to answer you. I do not have the links ready at hand, but
> there are solutions. Try altavista.

Of course we want to give you an answer:

READ THE FAQ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!

pr...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Of course we want to give you an answer:

> READ THE FAQ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!

I was a beginner here approximately 1 year ago.
I did not know what "FAQ" stands for, nor what
AFAIK and IMHO and all the other abbreviations.
English is not my native language, and so
the abbreviations are an additional level of
complexity.

Yes, I sometimes grow angry too if posters write
in an impolite manner, such as if they had a
"right" to get answers here. But even this can
be a followup of a misunderstanding...

chapter "patches" has the necessary information how
to cure the buggy CRT unit.

Franz Glaser

Re:Pascal-DOS-program won't run on Windows 98-PC

In article <36AB2DCD.35ED3...@eunet.at>,
  "Ing. Franz Glaser" <meg-gla...@eunet.at> wrote:

> pr...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> > Of course we want to give you an answer:

> > READ THE FAQ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!

> I was a beginner here approximately 1 year ago.
> I did not know what "FAQ" stands for, nor what
> AFAIK and IMHO and all the other abbreviations.
> English is not my native language, and so
> the abbreviations are an additional level of
> complexity.

> Yes, I sometimes grow angry too if posters write
> in an impolite manner, such as if they had a
> "right" to get answers here. But even this can
> be a followup of a misunderstanding...

> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html
> chapter "patches" has the necessary information how
> to cure the buggy CRT unit.

Given that the guy works at the university of Amsterdam with an AS400, (use
DejaNews to get his author profile, he has posted to comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
I very much doubt that he doesn't know what FAQ means!