Font size varies from system to system ?

D2 app developed on Win95 uses "MS Sans Serif" 8 pt bold (the default
values) for labels. Tested at all resolution sizes on my machine, the
dialog boxes scale properly and legibly.

Running the app on NT 4.0 the text in TLabels gets "large." Only part of
the text is displayed and are hence illegible.

I have been looking at "scale" "size" "truetype" etc., and find no help. I
welcome all suggestions
---
Grace + Peace   *   Peter N Roth  *   Engineering Objects International
Software Development & Training in Delphi & C++

Re:Font size varies from system to system ?

On 2 Nov 1996 16:46:26 GMT, "Peter N Roth" <peter...@erols.com> wrote:

>D2 app developed on Win95 uses "MS Sans Serif" 8 pt bold (the default
>values) for labels. Tested at all resolution sizes on my machine, the
>dialog boxes scale properly and legibly.

>Running the app on NT 4.0 the text in TLabels gets "large." Only part of
>the text is displayed and are hence illegible.

>I have been looking at "scale" "size" "truetype" etc., and find no help. I
>welcome all suggestions

I've had this problem with the font in the Statusbar, and with the Speedbuttons
on a panel. People who had Windows running with the Display properties set to
Large fonts, would get oversized speedbuttons (while the bitmap in them stayed
small, really ugly) and the status bar font wouldn't fit on it any more. Funny
enough, this wouldn't happen on my own system, so it was a pain to find the
solution to this problem.

After a lot of trying, I found out that setting the form's Scaled property to
false worked for me.

     Rogier Meurs  -  0meur...@lelystad.flnet.nl

        Visit the RogSoft NotePad+ HomePage!
 NotePad+ is the Free Win95 Notepad replacement that
          eats standard Notepad for lunch!
        http://lelystad.flnet.nl/~0meurs01/

Re:Font size varies from system to system ?

Rogier Meurs <0meur...@lelystad.flnet.nl> wrote in article
[...]

> After a lot of trying, I found out that setting the form's Scaled
property to
> false worked for me.

Thanks!

I solved the problem I was having by setting the TLabel.AutoSize :=
false;
everywhere.

Other Threads