Runtime Error 200 with new computer

So there I was, sitting by my 90MHz socket 5 pentium looking enviously
at all those people with machines which were too fast. Wish I could
have their problems...

Bought an upgrade chip from Evergreen, which promised a 200MHz Pentium
upgrade. But it upgraded my Pentium to a 200MHz IDT WinChip. BP7
chugged happily on.

Another year and I had enough dosh to buy a 400MHz K6-2 laptop. BP7
was still happy. I was getting disgruntled. Time to act decisively...
or maybe not...

Anyway, I've finished putting together a 750MHz Duron machine.

And my programs have stopped working... run-time error 200 with the
familiar 0091 offset...

YAAAYY!

/me happy now.

FP
--
beati pauperes spiritus - and I should know!

Re:Runtime Error 200 with new computer

In article <97leng$86...@kermit.esat.net>,

Frank Peelo <fpe...@portablesolutions.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I've finished putting together a 750MHz Duron machine.

> And my programs have stopped working... run-time error 200 with the
> familiar 0091 offset...

And, in case somene does not know what to do about it:

Item #124 in
 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

and

search for ">200MHz" (no quotes) in
 CLPB Mini-FAQ Essential reading for those new to this newsgroup
 http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Re:Runtime Error 200 with new computer

JRS:  In article <97lfrt$...@poiju.uwasa.fi>, seen in
news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Timo Salmi <t...@UWasa.Fi> wrote at Thu, 1
Mar 2001 14:38:21 :-

>Item #124 in
> 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
> tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

ISTM that #124 should also refer to Pedt Scragg's crt.zip, which is on
Garbo.

AFAIK, the only known bug with crt.zip (below many GHz CPU speed) is
that some do not read the installation instructions carefully enough;
but I believe he's working on that.  TURBO.TPL & TPP.TPL are patched
independently; one for TP7/BP7/BPW DOS mode, one for BP7/BPW DPMI mode.

Timo, if time is short for updates to the full FAQ, could it be
supplemented by a Web page at UWASA?  That would be handy for additional
notes, or so ISTM.

Re:Runtime Error 200 with new computer

In article <d0Y7REEWssn6E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,
Dr John Stockton  <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> ISTM that #124 should also refer to Pedt Scragg's crt.zip, which is on
> Garbo.

The dormant, unreleased update will have it.

> Timo, if time is short for updates to the full FAQ,

It is not the stortness of time, but rather that the FAQ grows very
slowly in these days. So much has already gone in there.

> could it be
> supplemented by a Web page at UWASA?  That would be handy for additional
> notes, or so ISTM.

There are the fine pages by others, notably by you, John. The way my
FAQ originates and was built is centered around a text-based,
multi-part version. It dates back to the time before WWW became a
major factor. I do not want to build parallel versions on different
platforms. This one is a text-based zipped entiry, some of my other,
mostly later begun, material (last line in the .sig) is rather based
on the WWW solution. Since this much is just a hobby for me, I
prefer to keep this an either-or situation.

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Other Threads