TPW and fonts

Does anyone know how to tell TPW to use a specific font? With all the
fonts installed in a windows system, there must be a way for the program
or unit to use a specific font at run time.
I have seen an example of a program for the DOS version of pascal that
allowed selecting one of several fonts for various output statements at
run time.  The information must be in the reference books for TPW 1.5
somewhere, but so far I have managed to not find it.
TIA, Steve Renick

Re:TPW and fonts

Steve Renick wrote:

> Does anyone know how to tell TPW to use a specific font? With all the
> fonts installed in a windows system, there must be a way for the program
> or unit to use a specific font at run time.
> I have seen an example of a program for the DOS version of pascal that
> allowed selecting one of several fonts for various output statements at
> run time.  The information must be in the reference books for TPW 1.5
> somewhere, but so far I have managed to not find it.
> TIA, Steve Renick

Have a look in the online help (keyword font*...). If I want a user to
select a font (face, size, style), I use the common dialog for fonts
(Function Choosefont() ), which is a standard windows API dialog in version
3.1.

There is no real reason for this to be in the TPW manuals, since it is a
Windows specific problem, not a Pascal or Borland specific issue. For anything
dealing with the windows interface, a good bet is to check the online help. You
also might want to have a look at the windows overview topics in the online help,
they have some interesting info (e.g. concerning palettes, internationalisation,
and font technology).

Regards
Remco.

Other Threads