MSSQL error: Non-blob column in table required to perform operation

I get the above error message when I try to edit an MSSQL 7.0 table through
the native drivers of Delphi 4 C/S. The table *does* have a text blob column
(MSSQL type TEXT), but surely this should be possible. The blob field is not
indexed or part of the primary key or anything {*word*193} like that. Is there
some option I need to set, or what am I doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciatied.

Regards,
AndersWP

Re:MSSQL error: Non-blob column in table required to perform operation

I believe this is a known bug. Check :

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ4274B.html

(Note : I've experienced similar problems with InterBase 4.2. Look up my
older message for information on how I solved my particular problem.)

Re:MSSQL error: Non-blob column in table required to perform operation

Thanks a lot, Erik.

That did the trick.

Regards,
AndersWP

Erik Schepers <e.schep...@NOSPAM.wxs.nl> wrote in message

> I believe this is a known bug. Check :

> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ4274B.html

> (Note : I've experienced similar problems with InterBase 4.2. Look up my
> older message for information on how I solved my particular problem.)

Other Threads