Help! How do you con

-=[ In:dami...@dragon.net.au was heard to say... ]=-

 In> Bob Lewis wrote:

 > Bandito wrote:

 > > Hello, I'm desprerately in need of a way to convert Strings to integers
 > > and longints... is this possible in Pascal, or am I thinking too C....
 > >
 > > Thanks, all help appreciated!
 > > srband...@gnn.com
 >
 > VAL

 In> err..like... tried the help file???
 In> - how about the manual???

 In> - Look for this function: StrToInt

Err... like... Where do you find this??? If *you* try the help file or manual
you will see that there is no StrToInt function there at all, so at best you
have just wasted bandwidth, and at worst confused some people. And if you
look closer at the message you responded to you will see that Bob Lewis
already gave an appropriate answer.

Take your own advice before you try to be a smartass.

  /-=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=-\
  $           Kim Forwood  <kim.forw...@access.cn.camriv.bc.ca>          %
  %              http://goodship.cn.camriv.bc.ca/~kforwood/              $
  $         For what purpose is life, if one cannot live freely?         %
  \-=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=--=oOo=-/
        WARNING: Flames and adverti{*word*224}ts sent to my email address
              may result in 20 gigabytes of garbage returned!

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

Re:Help! How do you con

Kim Forwood allegedly said:

KF>  In> - how about the manual???
KF>
KF>  In> - Look for this function: StrToInt
KF>
KF> Err... like... Where do you find this??? If *you* try the help file or manu
KF> you will see that there is no StrToInt function there at all, so at best yo
KF> have just wasted bandwidth, and at worst confused some people. And if you
KF> look closer at the message you responded to you will see that Bob Lewis
KF> already gave an appropriate answer.

Actually, there _IS_ a StrToInt function, but it's defined in the SysUtils
unit of Delphi.

--
| Disclaimer: The views of this user do not represent those of
|             Dusk To Dawn BBS, DuskNet, or Elvis.
| INet: The.Dark.Kni...@d2d.dusk.net
| Sent via the DuskNet Communications Network -=- +1-616-531-6466

Re:Help! How do you con

The Dark Knight wrote:

> Kim Forwood allegedly said:

> KF>  In> - how about the manual???
> KF>
> KF>  In> - Look for this function: StrToInt
> KF>
> KF> Err... like... Where do you find this??? If *you* try the help file or manu
> KF> you will see that there is no StrToInt function there at all, so at best yo
> KF> have just wasted bandwidth, and at worst confused some people. And if you
> KF> look closer at the message you responded to you will see that Bob Lewis
> KF> already gave an appropriate answer.

> Actually, there _IS_ a StrToInt function, but it's defined in the SysUtils
> unit of Delphi.

But this ain't no delphi nwesgroup! The command you seek is probably the
VAL command... Check the inline help for syntax...

Joke/dST

Other Threads