Can't get Interbase supplied udf's to work on WinNT

I am running Interbase 5.6 on Win NT 4.  I'm trying to use the udf's in the ib_udf.dll.  When I try to use one of the fuctions from WISQL I get :

invalid request BLR at offset 76
-function ABS is not defined
-module name or entrypoint could not be found

The code I am using is :

DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION abs
        DOUBLE PRECISION
        RETURNS DOUBLE PRECISION BY VALUE
        ENTRY_POINT "IB_UDF_abs" MODULE_NAME "c:\intertemp\ib_udf";

SELECT abs(failed_logons)
  FROM users
  WHERE user_name='Boris';

To eliminate any problems with paths I've copied the ib_udf.dll to c:\intertemp.  I have full access to the file.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Re:Can't get Interbase supplied udf's to work on WinNT

I don't think it's possible to search the library there ( I might be wrong
at this ), there are standard UDF directories that InterBase uses.

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

"Steve West" <steve.w...@dai.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> I am running Interbase 5.6 on Win NT 4.  I'm trying to use the udf's in

the ib_udf.dll.  When I try to use one of the fuctions from WISQL I get :

> invalid request BLR at offset 76
> -function ABS is not defined
> -module name or entrypoint could not be found

> The code I am using is :

> DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION abs
> DOUBLE PRECISION
> RETURNS DOUBLE PRECISION BY VALUE
> ENTRY_POINT "IB_UDF_abs" MODULE_NAME "c:\intertemp\ib_udf";

> SELECT abs(failed_logons)
>   FROM users
>   WHERE user_name='Boris';

> To eliminate any problems with paths I've copied the ib_udf.dll to

c:\intertemp.  I have full access to the file.

> Any ideas what could be wrong?

Re:Can't get Interbase supplied udf's to work on WinNT

Could someone using udf's tell me where the corresponding dll's are located on their WinNT system?

Steve

Re:Can't get Interbase supplied udf's to work on WinNT

Using NT 4.0 I got it to work by putting ib_udf.dll in the (IBServer)\UDF
directory and declaring modulename as simply "ib_udf" (no path).  I did try
at first to declare a udf in another directory but never could get it to
work.  It only worked when I put it in the udf subdirectory.

HTH
Justin.

Steve West wrote:

> Could someone using udf's tell me where the corresponding dll's
> are located on their WinNT system?

        Justin's message is correct.

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

"Justin Jones" <jus...@nospam.ksbdental.com> wrote:
>Using NT 4.0 I got it to work by putting ib_udf.dll in the (IBServer)\UDF

Unfortunately I don't have an IBServer directory.  Could you clarify the full path.  What version of Interbase was this?

Thanks

Steve

Steve West wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't have an IBServer directory.

        It's usually called InterBase.  It's the "root" directory of your IB
installation, i.e. "bin" and "examples" are subdirectories.