BDE Install Problem

Hi,

I have installed the BDE 5.01 onto a Win98 Second Edition machine with a
Genuine Celeron Processor and 64Mb of Ram. However whenever I try and
run the BDE It gets stuck.  ie hourglass just stays there.The only way
to get rid of it is Ctrl Alt Del and End Task.  I have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling, different computer with same specs. Has
anyone had any problems with the BDE and Win98 Second Edition.

--
Jeremy Martin
HSS Customer Support

Re:BDE Install Problem

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:25:13 +0800, Jeremy Martin

<jer...@lanwest.com.au> wrote:
>I have installed the BDE 5.01 onto a Win98 Second Edition machine with a
>Genuine Celeron Processor and 64Mb of Ram. However whenever I try and
>run the BDE It gets stuck.  ie hourglass just stays there.The only way
>to get rid of it is Ctrl Alt Del and End Task.  I have tried
>uninstalling and reinstalling, different computer with same specs. Has
>anyone had any problems with the BDE and Win98 Second Edition.

This is a bug in W98 with the video drivers.  Change to color depth of
the display to 256 colors or more and BDE should run.

Jan

Re:BDE Install Problem

This is a Win98 bug. Change the color depth to 256 or higher.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)