Modify BDE system settings from program code???

Hi,

I want to modify BDE system settings from my program.
Is it enough to modify the registry key values in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Borland/Database Engine/Settings/SYSTEM/...
or should I modify the idapi32.cfg (deployed by InstallShield Express 2)
file too? Anything else or any better way?
I'd really appreciate if you could help me. Thank you in advance.
Please answer to am...@mail.matav.hu

Best regards,
Attila Ambrozai
Hungary
P.S. To Steve Koterski - If you read this message please send me an e-mail
message and let me know your new e-mail address because it seems your
old e-mail address is out of date so I can't send you any e-mails. Thanks.

Re:Modify BDE system settings from program code???

>Is it enough to modify the registry key values in
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Borland/Database Engine/Settings/SYSTEM/...
>or should I modify the idapi32.cfg

You should modify the BDE config file

see http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbiopencfginfolist.html

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Modify BDE system settings from program code???

Thanks a lot!

You should modify the BDE config file
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbiopencfginfolist.html

Other Threads