Login Parameters TDatabase with Interbase

I have a database project using Delphi 1.0 and Interbase backend.
I've tried to use the TDatabase component to login to the Interbase
backend to keep the user from having to enter userid and password.

What is the correct systax for TDatabase's Params property?  I also
assume that the Login Prompt property is set to false?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

William Earl
GDS, Inc

Re:Login Parameters TDatabase with Interbase

Hi William,

 WE> I've tried to use the TDatabase component to login to the
 WE> Interbase backend to keep the user from having to enter userid
 WE> and password.

 WE> What is the correct systax for TDatabase's Params property?

USER NAME=jones
PASSWORD=something

Don't use " or ' characters around the name and password.

 WE> I also assume that the Login Prompt property is set to false?

Yes.

Regards,
Arjan

Arjan J. Moraal            |  Paninaro Development
ajmor...@paninaro.iaf.nl   |  Groningen, The Netherlands

William Earl wrote:

> What is the correct systax for TDatabase's Params property?  I also
> assume that the Login Prompt property is set to false?

On the TDatabase component, hit the default button and fill in the user
name and the password. Do not leave any spaces between the = sign and the
 password or it will not work

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page  http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page     http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page       http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users