Changing/adding DB-Aliases run-time

I am wondering if and how it is possible to add or change an DB-alias.
I like to know this in order to let the user make an new paradox
database and let him choose wich database he likes to use on a late
time.

Thanks

Jochem Wielders

Re:Changing/adding DB-Aliases run-time

Jochem Wielders (jwield...@lync.nl) wrote:

: I am wondering if and how it is possible to add or change an DB-alias.
: I like to know this in order to let the user make an new paradox
: database and let him choose wich database he likes to use on a late
: time.

In Delphi 2.0 and above there are methods for working directly
with BDE aliases -- I believe the method name is AddProjectAlias
or something like that.  In Delphi 1, you need to use a Database
component and change its Path parameter.
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net

Re:Changing/adding DB-Aliases run-time

Use Session.AddAlias( ) and Session.ModifyAlias( )
Look in Delphi help for TSession.

Jochem Wielders <jwield...@lync.nl> wrote in article
<36038231.181...@news.amsterdam.nl.net>...

> I am wondering if and how it is possible to add or change an DB-alias.
> I like to know this in order to let the user make an new paradox
> database and let him choose wich database he likes to use on a late
> time.

> Thanks

> Jochem Wielders

Other Threads