delphi 4.0 css install on w 98

Hello,

When i try to install my delphi 4 css on a win98 machine i get after a few
seconds or after the options a error message with the error _
_ins5176.
After the error it goes back to the main install page when u insert the
disc!.

How do i go around this error?

Friendly greetings, Andre Groeneveld

A.groenev...@hccnet.nl

Re:delphi 4.0 css install on w 98

Hi Andre,

This problem is a rare problem that occurs sometimes when you have previous
versions of Delphi installed.  We have not been able to reproduce it
ourselves and cannot garentee a resolution.  Here is a FAQ pertaining to
your problem.
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/faq/FAQ4262D.html
If you have exausted all possabilities, you may have to re-install your
operating system as a last resort.  Please give it a try and let us know
before it comes to that and we may be able to throw you a few more bones.
Also, search your Delphi4 CD for .ocx files.  Those are files that you may
have to unregister to allow the installation.  Try removing the borland keys
from your registry as well.  Good luck!

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

> When i try to install my delphi 4 css on a win98 machine i get after a few
> seconds or after the options a error message with the error _
> _ins5176.
> After the error it goes back to the main install page when u insert the
> disc!.

> How do i go around this error?

> Friendly greetings, Andre Groeneveld

> A.groenev...@hccnet.nl