Board index » delphi » Splasher

Splasher

Hi everyone im new,
I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never had
experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd byte
etc.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
greatly! Please email me!

Thanks

 

Re:Splasher


im on D4 btw

:)

Quote
"Stephen Graham" <Stephen.D.Gra...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

news:9hlrb7$js2$1@uranium.btinternet.com...
Quote
> Hi everyone im new,
> I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never had
> experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd byte
> etc.

> I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
> program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
> delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

> If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
> greatly! Please email me!

> Thanks

Re:Splasher


Quote
"Stephen Graham" <Stephen.D.Gra...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

news:9hlrb7$js2$1@uranium.btinternet.com...

Quote
> Hi everyone im new,
> I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never had
> experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd byte
> etc.

> I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
> program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
> delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

> If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
> greatly! Please email me!

I'm not aware of such an application but that hardly means it doesn't
exist. Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to simply add a splash
screen to your project (using a form for example) and then recompile
it?

Charles Appel
Bona na Croin

Re:Splasher


There is one that exists however it was wrote in asm. I was just curious of
how it was done.

Thanks anyhow.

Quote
"Charles Appel" <charlesap...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

news:9hn4en$ctg$1@slb2.atl.mindspring.net...
Quote
> "Stephen Graham" <Stephen.D.Gra...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:9hlrb7$js2$1@uranium.btinternet.com...
> > Hi everyone im new,
> > I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never
had
> > experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd
byte
> > etc.

> > I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
> > program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
> > delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

> > If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
> > greatly! Please email me!

> I'm not aware of such an application but that hardly means it doesn't
> exist. Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to simply add a splash
> screen to your project (using a form for example) and then recompile
> it?

> Charles Appel
> Bona na Croin

Re:Splasher


On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 01:40:26 +0100, "Stephen Graham"
<Stephen.D.Gra...@btinternet.com> waffled on about something:

Quote
>Hi everyone im new,
>I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never had
>experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd byte
>etc.

>I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
>program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
>delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

>If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
>greatly! Please email me!

>Thanks

Normally it's hooked into the application module....
The code below is placed in the .dpr file, and will display the splash
form until it returns an okay to close from the close query.
Make sure the splashscreen form is removed from the application auto
create list, then save the app, and hack about the .dpr.

program myprog;

uses
  Forms,windows,dialogs,
  Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {mainform},
  Unit2 in 'Unit2.pas' {splashscreen},
  Unit3 in 'Unit3.pas' {anotherform},

{$R *.RES}

begin
  try
  splashscreen:= Tsplashscreen.Create(Application);
  splashscreen.Show;
  splashscreen.Update;
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.Title := 'My App';
  Application.CreateForm(Tmainform, mainform);
  Application.CreateForm(Totherform, anotherform);
  finally
    repeat Application.ProcessMessages;
    until splashscreen.CloseQuery;
    splashscreen.Free;
  end;
  Application.Run;
end.

Hope this helps,

Dodgy.

Re:Splasher


youve got the wrong idea but thanks anyway.
I actually wanted a program that adds a bitmap to any exe (therefore a
splash).
Quote
"Dodgy" <Do...@earth.planet.universe> wrote in message

news:tiqvjtc9rlr32vs4mipldki5brlo67lq92@4ax.com...
Quote
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 01:40:26 +0100, "Stephen Graham"
> <Stephen.D.Gra...@btinternet.com> waffled on about something:

> >Hi everyone im new,
> >I;ve been coding in delphi for a while now (about 2years) but i never had
> >experience with exe modifing or anything apart from patching the odd byte
> >etc.

> >I was wondering if anyone could direct me to source of a splash maker
> >program. You know like a program that you specify a bitmap, exe name and
> >delay, and it attaches a splash screen to the start of the exe.

> >If anyone could send me code or point to somewhere i would appreciate it
> >greatly! Please email me!

> >Thanks

> Normally it's hooked into the application module....
> The code below is placed in the .dpr file, and will display the splash
> form until it returns an okay to close from the close query.
> Make sure the splashscreen form is removed from the application auto
> create list, then save the app, and hack about the .dpr.

> program myprog;

> uses
>   Forms,windows,dialogs,
>   Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {mainform},
>   Unit2 in 'Unit2.pas' {splashscreen},
>   Unit3 in 'Unit3.pas' {anotherform},

> {$R *.RES}

> begin
>   try
>   splashscreen:= Tsplashscreen.Create(Application);
>   splashscreen.Show;
>   splashscreen.Update;
>   Application.Initialize;
>   Application.Title := 'My App';
>   Application.CreateForm(Tmainform, mainform);
>   Application.CreateForm(Totherform, anotherform);
>   finally
>     repeat Application.ProcessMessages;
>     until splashscreen.CloseQuery;
>     splashscreen.Free;
>   end;
>   Application.Run;
> end.

> Hope this helps,

> Dodgy.

Other Threads