D5/Interbase on Win2K

When installing the Interbase version that comes with D5 on a Win2K Pro
workstation, I got an error message.  There was also an entry in the event
log that said:

"Application popup: Install InterBase: setup.exe - Entry Point Not Found :
The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status_Ex could not be located in
the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.DLL."

Does anyone know what this means?

Rob

Re:D5/Interbase on Win2K

I believe this error occurs when service pack2 is not installed on a Windows
2000 machine that is trying to run InterBase. Have you installed service
pack2?
"Robby Tanner" <rtan...@cls.usask.ca> wrote in message

> When installing the Interbase version that comes with D5 on a Win2K Pro
> workstation, I got an error message.  There was also an entry in the event
> log that said:

> "Application popup: Install InterBase: setup.exe - Entry Point Not Found :
> The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status_Ex could not be located in
> the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.DLL."

> Does anyone know what this means?

> Rob

Re:D5/Interbase on Win2K

According to the Help | About in Windows Explorer I have SP2 for Win2K
installed.
Any other ideas?

Regards,
Rob

"Gabe Goldfield" <ggoldfi...@borland.com> wrote in message

> I believe this error occurs when service pack2 is not installed on a
Windows
> 2000 machine that is trying to run InterBase. Have you installed service
> pack2?
> "Robby Tanner" <rtan...@cls.usask.ca> wrote in message
> > When installing the Interbase version that comes with D5 on a Win2K Pro
> > workstation, I got an error message.  There was also an entry in the
event
> > log that said:

> > "Application popup: Install InterBase: setup.exe - Entry Point Not Found
:
> > The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status_Ex could not be located
in
> > the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.DLL."

> > Does anyone know what this means?

> > Rob