Pls. help me getting started

Hi folks,

what everybody likes to avoid, I also do not like to reinvent the
wheel. I am a Delphi5 newcomer and lazy programmer - what
they rate over here as an advantage more than a fault -
and am looking for objects/code example for a
simple address database that also can store photos
and voice. Found address-data for given selection
criteria should appear in the lower part of the selection-mask in
a spreadsheet-like window.

Point an Click on a line shows the Data in the input-mask
(photo as thumbnail). Each example is appreciated.
Best would be, a sample, created with the lowest possible
effort, compact an elegant.

I am more than thankful for your support and curious
for your replies.

Best regards
Peter

http://home.nordwest.net/Peter.Ostermann

Re:Pls. help me getting started

Hi Peter,
            I'm in a similar condition, should anyone help you, could you
help me, by relaying anything of interest to me
DSR
dsr...@bigfoot.com

I should note too,
I have posted another question to the newsgroup,
I have created a VERY simple form relating to an ACCESS database, which
Eventually ran on my machine, but would run on others. Apparently delphi
requires you to distribute BDE engines with you exe to work. Though someone
said ADO components may not need this. I am programming (or trying to) in
Delphi (instead of Access or Visual Basic which are too easy), only so I can
create a unique portable self-contained exe file. Anything less than this,
would mean I could just work in MS Access.
Anyhow Best Of Luck,
DSR

Other Threads