Board index » delphi » Decrypt and ecrypt component

Decrypt and ecrypt component

Hello!

Does anybody know about a componet to decrypt and ecrypt password or
data?

Please let me know!

K?re Lerberg
kaare.lerb...@gol.mail.telia.com

 

Re:Decrypt and ecrypt component


  No component, but a function is very easy to write...  (all you have to do
is Xor the character against a key of sometype...  (to get it back, you do
the EXACT thing...))

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software
Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
--
"We are Microsoft.  Resistance is Futile.  You will be Assimiliated."

Quote
K?re Lerberg wrote in message <34fc7364.46264...@news1.telia.com>...
>Hello!

>Does anybody know about a componet to decrypt and ecrypt password or
>data?

>Please let me know!

>K?re Lerberg
>kaare.lerb...@gol.mail.telia.com

Re:Decrypt and ecrypt component


Quote
In article <6difrq$3c...@news.greatbasin.net> "Jason Wallace" <Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us> writes:
>  No component, but a function is very easy to write...  (all you have to do
>is Xor the character against a key of sometype...  (to get it back, you do
>the EXACT thing...))
>>Does anybody know about a componet to decrypt and ecrypt password or
>>data?

Well, if you have a serious need for security, you purchase an encryption
component from a reputable, trusted vendor -- preferably with source code.  
(See Schneier's "Applied Cryptography, 2nd Edition.")

If you simply want to protect it against casual interlopers, almost anything
will suffice.

Re:Decrypt and ecrypt component


Take a look at http://home.t-online.de/home/Ian.Sparkes/software.html

To securely store a password, the best possibility is to actually
store the hash of the password as opposed to the password itself. TSHA
is a component which allows this.

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:53:40 -0800, "Jason Wallace"

Quote
<Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us> wrote:
>  No component, but a function is very easy to write...  (all you have to do
>is Xor the character against a key of sometype...  (to get it back, you do
>the EXACT thing...))

>--
>Jason Wallace
>SL Software
>Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
>--
>"We are Microsoft.  Resistance is Futile.  You will be Assimiliated."

>K?re Lerberg wrote in message <34fc7364.46264...@news1.telia.com>...
>>Hello!

>>Does anybody know about a componet to decrypt and ecrypt password or
>>data?

>>Please let me know!

>>K?re Lerberg
>>kaare.lerb...@gol.mail.telia.com

Other Threads