TButton with Ctl3D := False doesn't work

Why does this not work in Delphi 1 ?

TYPE
  TFlatButton = Class(TButton)
  public
    constructor Create(Owner : TComponent); override;

  END;

constructor TFlatButton.Create(Owner :TComponent);
begin
  inherited Create(Owner);
  Ctl3D := False;
end;

I've also tried publishing the Ctl3D property and setting it to
false after creation but the button still looks the same.
And ParentCtl3D has no effect either.

Is this a bug ?

--
Matti Poutanen      | EMAIL: matti.pouta...@hut.fi
Student of Physics  | "And on a mission over China, the lady opens up her

Re:TButton with Ctl3D := False doesn't work

Matti S Poutanen wrote:

> Why does this not work in Delphi 1 ?

> TYPE
>   TFlatButton = Class(TButton)
>   public
>     constructor Create(Owner : TComponent); override;

>   END;

> constructor TFlatButton.Create(Owner :TComponent);
> begin
>   inherited Create(Owner);
>   Ctl3D := False;
> end;

> I've also tried publishing the Ctl3D property and setting it to
> false after creation but the button still looks the same.
> And ParentCtl3D has no effect either.

> Is this a bug ?

> --
> Matti Poutanen      | EMAIL: matti.pouta...@hut.fi
> Student of Physics  | "And on a mission over China, the lady opens up her
> Helsinki University | arms. The flowers bloom where you have placed them,
> of Technology Finland, Europe|        and the lady smiles just like mom."

Try adding
PARENT:=OWNER;
Software Services - Making Windows Scream
http://www.invsn.com/softserv/
bry...@thevision.net