Math.pas

I recently tried the InterestRate function in the Math.pas that ships
with Delphi 2.0 but it does not match any other financial calculator I
have tried (which all match by the way).  It's not a problem with
rounding, it just seems the function is wrong (not by much but
significant).

Does anyone know where to get a very basic set of free financial
functions?  I really don't feel like dusting of the ol' differential
equations books to dive into the TVM solution for interest rate.  If
some one already has the solution handy that would be fine too!

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Re:Math.pas

I think this is a bug. Do you have Delphi 2.01 I think it fixes the
problem.

--
Tox
------------

G. Eric Morgan <morg...@doitnow.com> wrote in article
<33221655.4220...@news.doitnow.com>...

> I recently tried the InterestRate function in the Math.pas that ships
> with Delphi 2.0 but it does not match any other financial calculator I
> have tried (which all match by the way).  It's not a problem with
> rounding, it just seems the function is wrong (not by much but
> significant).

> Does anyone know where to get a very basic set of free financial
> functions?  I really don't feel like dusting of the ol' differential
> equations books to dive into the TVM solution for interest rate.  If
> some one already has the solution handy that would be fine too!

> Thanks in advance!

> Eric

Re:Math.pas

My prorgam files have the 2:01 time stamp so I believe I have version
2.01. Are there any patches?

Eric

On 9 Mar 1997 05:52:01 GMT, "Tox" <br...@iinet.com.au> wrote:

>I think this is a bug. Do you have Delphi 2.01 I think it fixes the
>problem.

>--
>Tox
>------------
>I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather,
> not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.
>------------
>Visit the home of IconSaveIt. http://www.iinet.com.au/~brade/
>Saves Time, Saves Disk Space

>G. Eric Morgan <morg...@doitnow.com> wrote in article
><33221655.4220...@news.doitnow.com>...
>> I recently tried the InterestRate function in the Math.pas that ships
>> with Delphi 2.0 but it does not match any other financial calculator I
>> have tried (which all match by the way).  It's not a problem with
>> rounding, it just seems the function is wrong (not by much but
>> significant).

>> Does anyone know where to get a very basic set of free financial
>> functions?  I really don't feel like dusting of the ol' differential
>> equations books to dive into the TVM solution for interest rate.  If
>> some one already has the solution handy that would be fine too!

>> Thanks in advance!

>> Eric

Other Threads