Reportsmith - derived fields

hi,
 as a new user of reportsmith I wonder if I can succed by trying the following:
 field a (number) is a derived field, calculated by  macro <a>.
 field b (number) is also a derived field, calculated by macro <b>. I want to use the
 value of  a in macro <b> for the calculation. Field a is calculated corectly which I
 can see displayed in the report.
 It seems I can`t access value a within macro <b> properly (seems to be always
 zero)and I get the wrong value  for field b.Is there a timing  problem?   I searched
 in the the manuals and the  online help if its ok to do this  but could`nt find any
 answer.
 Borland support told me for a minimum fee of about $30 I could be told the answer to
 this question which I think should be answered in the manual anyhow.
 So I was a bit disapointed and hope somebody else might have come across this
 before and could give me a hint.

 thanks
   sigi

Re:Reportsmith - derived fields

Like you too, I found myself in the same mess too.  It seems macros
have this limit of calculating differently than SQL derived fields.
I could NOT provide summary totals for my macros (told in the manual).

The encouraging news is that you have about 13 days to wait for
ReportSmith 3.0 to come out.

Other Threads