Egavga.bgi

While accessing a disk for an old dos program to open on my computer, my
father accidentally went to open the egavga.bgi file. He was taken to
the window that requests what he would like to open the program with and
thought he would try it with the acrobat reader. He did not understand
to remove the ticked icon box at the bottom of this window which stops
all bgi files from being opened as Acrobat entities.

The file (which was on the A drive) has disappeared and we can not
locate it. The disk, with the dos program no longer works.

Can anyone please tell me how to reverse bgi files from being opened in
acrobat, or explain the whereabouts of the missing file.

Thanks,

LM.

Re:Egavga.bgi

I don't have a clue where your BGI file went, but, replacements are easy
to find.
As for undoing the file association...

Select Start>Settings>Control Panel>Folder Options

Click the "File Types" Tab

Find the BGI Extention on the list of  files and click Delete

ladymuck wrote:
>While accessing a disk for an old dos program to open on my computer, my
>father accidentally went to open the egavga.bgi file. He was taken to
>the window that requests what he would like to open the program with and
>thought he would try it with the acrobat reader. He did not understand
>to remove the ticked icon box at the bottom of this window which stops
>all bgi files from being opened as Acrobat entities.

>The file (which was on the A drive) has disappeared and we can not
>locate it. The disk, with the dos program no longer works.

>Can anyone please tell me how to reverse bgi files from being opened in
>acrobat, or explain the whereabouts of the missing file.

>Thanks,

>LM.

>--

Re:Egavga.bgi

You may want to use the search facility of the explorer to look for a
egavga.bgi on your harddrive. Otherwise you can download Turbo Pascal
5.x from www.borland.com at the community area/museum. It requires a
free registration. If you downloaded it, you have a egavga.bgi
automatically which will most likely work for your DOS app.

Greetings

Markus

Re:Egavga.bgi

If you need a replacement egavga.bgi then download any program (most likely
a {*word*99}py game) that was written with TP and uses the BGI system. The prog
will have egavga.bgi supplied. You can use that as a replacement. You can
find such old (and mostly {*word*99}) games in an 'old games' site.
ladymuck <member21...@dbforums.com> wrote:

> While accessing a disk for an old dos program to open on my computer, my
> father accidentally went to open the egavga.bgi file. He was taken to
> the window that requests what he would like to open the program with and
> thought he would try it with the acrobat reader. He did not understand
> to remove the ticked icon box at the bottom of this window which stops
> all bgi files from being opened as Acrobat entities.

> The file (which was on the A drive) has disappeared and we can not
> locate it. The disk, with the dos program no longer works.

> Can anyone please tell me how to reverse bgi files from being opened in
> acrobat, or explain the whereabouts of the missing file.

> Thanks,

> LM.

> --

Re:Egavga.bgi

Hey - just got your replies. Am currently at work but I will try those
suggestions when I get home.

Thank you very much - I had a very worried father and I
appreciate the help.

LM.