Data Link Files (.udl) and ado connection

I have an mssql table that I've added a new user to.  Prior to this, we were
using a username with no password, but the new username will require a
password.  We do not wish our users to have to logon, so I setup the
datalink file with the new user/pass and the logonprompt property to false.
I can test the connection in the file and it returns an ok status.  But when
I open the ado connection in my project using that udl file, I get an
invalid user message.  Is this because the password has not been saved in
the data link file?  Is it required that I check the "allow saving password"
in the data link file?  I get a big warning msg that kind of scared me off.
:)

Debbie Erickson

Re:Data Link Files (.udl) and ado connection

Yes, you must check the "Allow saving password" checkbox.

Joe

"Debbie Erickson" <k...@montereypark.ca.gov> wrote in message

> I have an mssql table that I've added a new user to.  Prior to this, we
were
> using a username with no password, but the new username will require a
> password.  We do not wish our users to have to logon, so I setup the
> datalink file with the new user/pass and the logonprompt property to
false.
> I can test the connection in the file and it returns an ok status.  But
when
> I open the ado connection in my project using that udl file, I get an
> invalid user message.  Is this because the password has not been saved in
> the data link file?  Is it required that I check the "allow saving
password"
> in the data link file?  I get a big warning msg that kind of scared me
off.
> :)

> Debbie Erickson

Re:Data Link Files (.udl) and ado connection

>so I setup the
>datalink file with the new user/pass and the logonprompt property to false.
>I can test the connection in the file and it returns an ok status.  But when
>I open the ado connection in my project using that udl file, I get an
>invalid user message.  Is this because the password has not been saved in
>the data link file?

Yes

>Is it required that I check the "allow saving password"
>in the data link file?

Your alternative would be to set the Username and Password in the
TadoConnection.open method.

adoConnection1.open('yourUser','herPassword')
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads