Mysql Server in Linux with aplication runing in Windows

Hi I need know if we already can use Mysql or another database in Linux
Server with Windows as Client of Applications?

Thanks
Eduardo Souza

Re:Mysql Server in Linux with aplication runing in Windows

It should work.  They say.

Andrew

Re:Mysql Server in Linux with aplication runing in Windows

Yes, of course... I am a developer using mysql and postregsql as backend in
linux to develop an application in windows platform... Performance is very
good....
> Hi I need know if we already can use Mysql or another database in Linux
> Server with Windows as Client of Applications?

> Thanks
> Eduardo Souza

Re:Mysql Server in Linux with aplication runing in Windows

OK Where I get information about that???
Do you have some???
I'm using delphi5 and I don't know from where I should start!!!

Thanks
Eduardo Souza

"Raymond Hui" <raym...@perfectpower.com.hk> wrote in message

> Yes, of course... I am a developer using mysql and postregsql as backend
in
> linux to develop an application in windows platform... Performance is very
> good....

> > Hi I need know if we already can use Mysql or another database in Linux
> > Server with Windows as Client of Applications?

> > Thanks
> > Eduardo Souza

Re:Mysql Server in Linux with aplication runing in Windows

there is nothing complicated about it:
 - pick a server (mysql, pgsql or whatever you wish)
 - set up a network connection between the windows client and the server
- pick a db package you can use (eg zeos is nice and free)
- set the properties and that's about it...

Cris

"Eduardo Souza" <edua...@infotech2000.com> wrote in message

> OK Where I get information about that???
> Do you have some???
> I'm using delphi5 and I don't know from where I should start!!!

Other Threads