FAQ / known bug list for ODBC / Delphi?

Hello!

Is there an (unofficial) bug list or a FAQ for ODBC and Delphi?

I have encountered big problems - and they were documented deep, deep
down in the Delphi online help... which was very time-consuming to find.

And there are more problems, undocumented, but reproduceable (tried to
use TQuery.Params with a DATE field in a DBASE III table, accessed with
the InterSolv ODBC driver). But Delphi says 'NO'... all other datatypes
work fine).

And did you know that C:\FOLDER\FILE has to be written as
C::\FOLDER\FILE (yes, with two colons - found this in this newsgroup)?
Where do you Delphi Gurus find all these hidden informations? By
disassembling the EXE files?

*Very* frustrated,

Michael Justin

Re:FAQ / known bug list for ODBC / Delphi?

Michael

Borland are going to produce a bug list (RSN) though I'm not sure it'll
address the problems you're speaking of. (Technically, they're not
bugs).

>And did you know that C:\FOLDER\FILE has to be written as
>C::\FOLDER\FILE (yes, with two colons - found this in this newsgroup)?
>where do you Delphi Gurus find all these hidden informations? By
>disassembling the EXE files?

I know what you mean. But no, it comes from realising that, in SQL
statements in Delphi (and ODBC) a colon immediately precedes a
parameter.  Also, whenever you need to use a 'coded' character
literally, more often than not you'll repeat the character.  And in
final desperation you might root in the help file.<g>

IAC, you'll find there's a lot of helpful people here to help you over
these hurdles.

Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components for Delphi from my web site:
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Now Includes INFOPOWER Derived components and a demo

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads