Grid in Delphi

HI

I was able to tie a table to a grid in delphi, but is there a way
for me to not display all the fields in the table on the grid?
The only way I can see (or read) so far is to change the content
of the table.

I know with the grid controls in VB, you can specify which fields
you want to display.

Thanx.

GL

Re:Grid in Delphi

In article <3u41j9$1...@fidoii.cc.lehigh.edu> gcl0@neptune (Geo) writes:
>From: gcl0@neptune (Geo)
>Subject: Grid in Delphi
>Date: 13 Jul 1995 21:01:29 GMT
>HI
>I was able to tie a table to a grid in delphi, but is there a way
>for me to not display all the fields in the table on the grid?
>The only way I can see (or read) so far is to change the content
>of the table.
>I know with the grid controls in VB, you can specify which fields
>you want to display.
>Thanx.
>GL

 Using the Object Inspector, set the visible property of each of these fields
to false.

Any views expressed by myself are not the views of my employer!

je...@decisionsys.com

Re:Grid in Delphi

Geo (gcl0@neptune) wrote:

: I was able to tie a table to a grid in delphi, but is there a way
: for me to not display all the fields in the table on the grid?
: The only way I can see (or read) so far is to change the content
: of the table.

: I know with the grid controls in VB, you can specify which fields
: you want to display.

I am not trying to be rude, and am trying to put this as nicely as
possible, but this is comp.lang.pascal.borland not
comp.lang.delphi.borland!!!  I don't know if there are any delphi groups,
and if not let's take a vote on it in news.announce so we can have one or
a few.... but please try and re-fraint from posting delphi stuff in
aBORLAND PASCAL newsgroup...

--
bk...@torfree.net - Windows AirLine - Takes off nicely, then blows up
                    in the air without any indication of problems....

--
Bojan Landekic - bk...@torfree.net

Re:Grid in Delphi

In article <DBsMMn.4oE.0.bl...@torfree.net>,
Bojan Landekic <bk...@torfree.net> wrote:

:I am not trying to be rude, and am trying to put this as nicely as
:possible, but this is comp.lang.pascal.borland not
:comp.lang.delphi.borland!!!  I don't know if there are any delphi groups,
:and if not let's take a vote on it in news.announce so we can have one or
:a few.... but please try and re-fraint from posting delphi stuff in

NEW:
 comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso Pascal according to ANSI and ISO standards.
 comp.lang.pascal.borland  Borland's Pascal incl. Turbo Pascal (not Delphi!)
 comp.lang.pascal.mac      Macintosh based Pascals.
 comp.lang.pascal.misc     Pascal in general and ungrouped Pascals.

 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases     Database aspects of Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components    Writing components in Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc          General issues with Borland Delphi.

OLD:
 comp.lang.pascal          Discussion about Pascal. (Please cease using!)

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:Grid in Delphi

bk...@torfree.net (Bojan Landekic) writes:
>Geo (gcl0@neptune) wrote:
>I am not trying to be rude, and am trying to put this as nicely as
>possible, but this is comp.lang.pascal.borland not
>comp.lang.delphi.borland!!!  I don't know if there are any delphi groups,
>and if not let's take a vote on it in news.announce so we can have one or
>a few.... but please try and re-fraint from posting delphi stuff in
>aBORLAND PASCAL newsgroup...
>--
>bk...@torfree.net - Windows AirLine - Takes off nicely, then blows up
>Bojan Landekic - bk...@torfree.net

Bojan,

The last time that I heard, Borland is no longer continuing development on the
Turbo Pascal X.XX series.  It has been replaced by Delphi.
I am here at Purdue University, and even we don't get any "Delphi Specific"
newsgroups...

As in SNL...  "And your point is..."

Neill Means
n...@staff.cc.purdue.edu

--
Neill Means                 |       n...@staff.cc.purdue.edu
Senior Lab Assistant        |       lab-...@staff.cc.purdue.edu

Re:Grid in Delphi

Timo Salmi (t...@poiju.uwasa.fi) wrote:

[...]

Yes, I do know about these little spats going on between the old
groups and new groups since I had to endure it when there was
comp.lang.visual vs. no VB groups in the past.  Our site doesn't
get those groups yet, so I'll have to post them somewhere :) :(

GL

Re:Grid in Delphi

In article <3ucjov$...@fidoii.cc.lehigh.edu>, Geo <g...@eecs.lehigh.edu> wrote:
:Timo Salmi (t...@poiju.uwasa.fi) wrote:

:: In article <DBsMMn.4oE.0.bl...@torfree.net>,
:: Bojan Landekic <bk...@torfree.net> wrote:
:: :I am not trying to be rude, and am trying to put this as nicely as
:: :possible, but this is comp.lang.pascal.borland not
:: :comp.lang.delphi.borland!!!  I don't know if there are any delphi groups,

:: NEW:

:Yes, I do know about these little spats going on between the old
:groups and new groups since I had to endure it when there was
:comp.lang.visual vs. no VB groups in the past.  Our site doesn't
:get those groups yet, so I'll have to post them somewhere :) :(

Yes certainly. But you see in the meanwhile the correct somewhere is

Ours recently got the new Delphi groups. If they don't appear soon
at yours you might wish to nudge your friendly newsmanager.

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:Grid in Delphi

> Yes certainly. But you see in the meanwhile the correct somewhere is

I don't want to be rude either and many Delphi specific things are of
no interest to users of BP. There are, however, topics that are
equally interesting to users of Delphi and BPW. Therefore, questions
on Windows specific topics should not be disregarded as Delphi based
annoyance. As they're inheritantly Borland related, these questions
are as misplaced in comp.lang.pascal.misc as Delphi questions are
here.

I am aware, btw, that Grids in Delphi are unlikely to cause extactic
reactions to BPW users and that the question should've been posted
elsewhere. Other generic Windows posts have been flamed on previous
occations, though.

--
Regards, Thomas H. Nielsen (System Administrator)
 .-----------------------------.

Re:Grid in Delphi

> HI

> I was able to tie a table to a grid in delphi, but is there a way
> for me to not display all the fields in the table on the grid?
> The only way I can see (or read) so far is to change the content
> of the table.

> I know with the grid controls in VB, you can specify which fields
> you want to display.

> Thanx.

> GL

Double click the Table component to gain acces to the Fields editor, this makes
the table columns explicit through TField components (which will become visible
in the object inspetor window). You set order, visibility, format and display
masks and attach event code to single columns - Way Cool.

If you do not do this then Delphi, by default, creates implicit TField components|
for each and every column on yuour behalf.

David Hewick
dhew...@netaccess.on.ca

Other Threads