Invalid variant type conversion

Accidentally I have posted this message to Misc - for that I apologise
in advance - Sorry (*blush*)

My problem :-

I have written an application that links via ODBC AS400 databases to
M$ Access.

I need to update the access bases periodicaly from the AS400.
There are four tables that recieve data from the AS400, three tables
behave as I expect, however one table gives me the error "Invalid
variant type conversion" when I try to append a record.
The table has an index, but is not filtered.  Can anyone explain why I
am getting the error?

BTW - The application USED to work (all the Access tables are
populated), it just stopped responding.

Re:Invalid variant type conversion

Your AS400 database probably holds a value in the specified table that can't
be stored in the MS Access table.
Check the AS400 table for 'stange' values...

"Chris" <chris_mo...@biuk.co.uk> wrote in message

> Accidentally I have posted this message to Misc - for that I apologise
> in advance - Sorry (*blush*)

> My problem :-

> I have written an application that links via ODBC AS400 databases to
> M$ Access.

> I need to update the access bases periodicaly from the AS400.
> There are four tables that recieve data from the AS400, three tables
> behave as I expect, however one table gives me the error "Invalid
> variant type conversion" when I try to append a record.
> The table has an index, but is not filtered.  Can anyone explain why I
> am getting the error?

> BTW - The application USED to work (all the Access tables are
> populated), it just stopped responding.

Re:Invalid variant type conversion

I believe I recall seeing that error when my M$ SQL server imported a
.dbf file and used a data type of 'nVarChar' which Delphi didn't like
at all.  Changing the field to a varchar data type did the trick,
HTH,
Myron

"M.H. Avegaart" <avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote:
>Your AS400 database probably holds a value in the specified table that can't
>be stored in the MS Access table.
>Check the AS400 table for 'stange' values...

>"Chris" <chris_mo...@biuk.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Accidentally I have posted this message to Misc - for that I apologise
>> in advance - Sorry (*blush*)
>> My problem :-

>> I have written an application that links via ODBC AS400 databases to
>> M$ Access.
>> I need to update the access bases periodicaly from the AS400.
>> There are four tables that recieve data from the AS400, three tables
>> behave as I expect, however one table gives me the error "Invalid
>> variant type conversion" when I try to append a record.
>> The table has an index, but is not filtered.  Can anyone explain why I
>> am getting the error?

>> BTW - The application USED to work (all the Access tables are
>> populated), it just stopped responding.

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together ...  -- Carl Zwanzig

Other Threads