EDBEngineError

Hi,
I have downloaded bdeerror.zip from
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/bdeerror.zip
described as
Database error handling example: (Size 11,271 bytes)
This example displays all information from an EDBEngineError or
EDatabaseError exception. The example be easily integrated into
existing database programs by using the dbengine unit included. Also
displays native errors from SQL Servers.

I am using Delphi 3 Prof.

In the declaration
    procedure CreateDBEngineError(E: EDBEngineError);
I get the error 'undeclared identifier EDBEngineError'

The help file states
EDBEngineError is the exception class for Borland Database Engine
errors.
Unit
db
Description
EDBEngineError is raised whenever a BDE error occurs. Its Errors
property contains TDBError objects.

The db is included in the uses clause. I do not understand.
Please help.
Thank you
Johan Smit

Re:EDBEngineError

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:47:48 GMT, smi...@mweb.co.za (Johan Smit) wrote:

[...]

>In the declaration
>    procedure CreateDBEngineError(E: EDBEngineError);
>I get the error 'undeclared identifier EDBEngineError'

>The help file states
>EDBEngineError is the exception class for Borland Database Engine
>errors.
>Unit
>db
>Description
>EDBEngineError is raised whenever a BDE error occurs. Its Errors
>property contains TDBError objects.

>The db is included in the uses clause. I do not understand.

The EDBEngineError class is defined in the unit DBTables, not DB. Try
including that unit in your Uses section.

                                                              -- Redd Foxx

Re:EDBEngineError

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:59:35 GMT, koter...@NOSPAMgte.net (Steve

Koterski) wrote:

>The EDBEngineError class is defined in the unit DBTables, not DB. Try
>including that unit in your Uses section.

Thank you Steve, including both Db and DBTables fixed it.
Pity I cannot patch the help file, but I will try to remember it.
Regards
Johan Smit

Other Threads