Best way for printing TListBox.Canvas

Hi

I have a listbox I want to send all items to the printer.
I tried Printer.Canvas.Assign(ListBox.Canvas) but
found that one was a TControlCanvas and other was
a TCanvas.

I think I've read in this newsgroup or somewhere
that you convert your Canvas to a bitmap and use CopyRect.
(Not sure though)

Any advice or Faqs steering would be greatly appreciated.

Re:Best way for printing TListBox.Canvas

In article <T8ZQ5.2195$522.173...@bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Parker

Nolen" <nol...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>I have a listbox I want to send all items to the printer.
>I tried Printer.Canvas.Assign(ListBox.Canvas) but
>found that one was a TControlCanvas and other was
>a TCanvas.

>I think I've read in this newsgroup or somewhere
>that you convert your Canvas to a bitmap and use CopyRect.
>(Not sure though)

>Any advice or Faqs steering would be greatly appreciated.

Because the resolution of the screen and the printer is different, you are not
going to see the text if you just copy the canvas (it would appear one third or
one sixth of the size). You are better sending the text to the printer.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads