Pathfinder algorithm

Hi there ...

for my small delphiprojekt I need to make an algorithm that gives me the
shortest way between towns back where the towns are connected with
streets ....
a classic problem but before I read 10 books about this and create a
algorithm of my own I wanted to ask if there is already a algorithm for
Delphi there?
Anyone who knows about this?
--
bye,

Eggenberger Marc                megge...@iiic.ethz.ch
Stud. Informatik Ing. ETHZ      http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6374

Re:Pathfinder algorithm

: Marc Eggenberger <megge...@iiic.ethz.ch> wrote:

>for my small delphiprojekt I need to make an algorithm that gives me the
>shortest way between towns back where the towns are connected with
>streets ....
>a classic problem but before I read 10 books about this and create a
>algorithm of my own I wanted to ask if there is already a algorithm for
>Delphi there?

This is the classic travelling salesman problem.

Nobody is going to do your seminar work at university for you.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:Pathfinder algorithm

> for my small delphiprojekt I need to make an algorithm that gives me the
> shortest way between towns back where the towns are connected with
> streets ....
> a classic problem but before I read 10 books about this and create a
> algorithm of my own I wanted to ask if there is already a algorithm for
> Delphi there?

I'm certain you can find an algorithm for this in a Turbo Pascal source
code archive.  However, this problem is one of the most important in
computing, so you aren't likely to discover the definitive solution.

--
--------------------------
Eric Lawrence

Re:Pathfinder algorithm

Marc Eggenberger (megge...@iiic.ethz.ch) wrote:

: Hi there ...

: for my small delphiprojekt I need to make an algorithm that gives me the
: shortest way between towns back where the towns are connected with
: streets ....

Between all towns or between one town and all other towns? This is important,
since for the first, there is a solution in O(n3) (was that Floyd?) and for
the second, in O(n2) (the Dijkstra Algorithm).

: a classic problem but before I read 10 books about this and create a
: algorithm of my own I wanted to ask if there is already a algorithm for
: Delphi there?

Why not try to get the theory right first?

Go to E{*word*277} at www.e{*word*277}.com, and search for
"+Dijkstra +Algorithm +shortest +path +problem"
(without the quotes).

Enjoy!

Ulrich Kroener

Other Threads