Delphi 2.0 direct port access

Does somebody know how to access I/O ports directly in Delphi 2.0 ?

Port and Portw statements are available in Delphi 1.0 but not in 2.0.

Greetings, Jeroen Taverne, the Netherlands

Re:Delphi 2.0 direct port access

In article <323D4304.7...@pop3.dh.ixe.net>, Jeroen Taverne <jer...@pop3.dh.ixe.net> wrote:
>Does somebody know how to access I/O ports directly in Delphi 2.0 ?
>Port and Portw statements are available in Delphi 1.0 but not in 2.0.
>Greetings, Jeroen Taverne, the Netherlands

Accessing I/O ports directly is not allowed in Win32. You will have to write a
device driver.

You might also want to check out Bluewater Systems OCX for direct access to
ports. (I have no connection with them, but they seem to offer to only other
solution other than the DDK). I think their URL is www.bluewatersystems.com
or something similar.

* Peter G. Millard      ******************* Maintainer of the VB        *
* mill...@buffnet.net       **************  General & VBDOS FAQ's      *
* http://www.buffnet.net/~millard  ******** Error Reading Drive A.....      *
* http://www.vantek-corp.com             **     Formatting C: Instead    *

Re:Delphi 2.0 direct port access

> Port and Portw statements are available in Delphi 1.0 but not in 2.0.

Use in-line assembly language !

--

francois.pie...@ping.be
http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette

Francois Piette (francois.pie...@ping.be) wrote:

: > Port and Portw statements are available in Delphi 1.0 but not in 2.0.

: Use in-line assembly language !

Wrong! Use Win32 API functions. Direct port access is a bad thing in
Windows 95 and NT.

Scott

Other Threads