Board index » delphi » INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0

INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0

Hello,

Can someone post list of big (or important) changes in INDY bethween 8.0 and
8.1. And few words of benefits and do I need to change my code when I will
update.

I am mostly interested Http & Https

-Tommi Prami-

 

Re:INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0


In this area most of the chages are to extend the functionality of the
xisting. There is some interface chages in the HTTP client compoenent and
the it connnects with SSL. You better check the HTTP Client demo that comes
with new Indy 8.1 You can download it as ZIP file from
http://www.nevrona.com/indy/

Doychin

Quote
"Tommi Prami" <to...@nospamformelinearteam.org> wrote in message

news:3b53ede1$2_2@dnews...
Quote
> Hello,

> Can someone post list of big (or important) changes in INDY bethween 8.0
and
> 8.1. And few words of benefits and do I need to change my code when I will
> update.

> I am mostly interested Http & Https

> -Tommi Prami-

Re:INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0


[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3b53ede1$2_2@dnews>, to...@nospamformelinearteam.org says...

Quote
> Hello,

> Can someone post list of big (or important) changes in INDY bethween 8.0 and
> 8.1. And few words of benefits and do I need to change my code when I will
> update.

Okay.   There has been some major changes in the Indy core itself and a
lot of things where restructured.  The restructuring allows us to force
a client to connect to a server from a specific port or range of ports.  
In addition, there are now timeouts for all read, write, and connection
requests.  We now require Winsock 2 support on the end-user's machine
(Windows 98, NT, Me, and 2000 have this support and there's a free
upgrade for Windows 95).  This was necessary to improve some things.  
The SSL support is no longer an intercept but an IOHandler.  All of the
coders have been completely rewritten and restructured.

Quote
> I am mostly interested Http & Https

SSL works much better in Indy 8.1 and there is even a way to support SSL
in Linux.  In HTTP, cookie support has been improved significantly and
there is some new functionality such as HTTP PUT support, and HTTP
Authentication now includes NLTM and digest.

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu
http://wvnvm.wvnet.edu/~oma00215/  ICQ Number:  14297043
Finger for PGP Key

Re:INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0


Just a thought...

but I've felt on numerous occasions that a revision history,
and/or a what new/changed text at the official release
download location would be a very nice touch.

It would be nice to know what the advantages of
downloading a new version are, before downloading
and installing it.

my 2 cents worth.

:-)

Re:INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0


IP Multicast.

Bruno

Re:INDY 8.1 vs. 8.0


The digest authtentication is not ready yet ;-(((
I have a lot of thing to do and can't finish it.

Doychin - team Indy

"J. Peter Mugaas" <oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote in message
news:MPG.15bde648adc4507b989696@forums.borland.com...

Quote
> [This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
> a copy was sent to the cited author.]

> In article <3b53ede1$2_2@dnews>, to...@nospamformelinearteam.org says...
> > Hello,

> > Can someone post list of big (or important) changes in INDY bethween 8.0
and
> > 8.1. And few words of benefits and do I need to change my code when I
will
> > update.

> Okay.   There has been some major changes in the Indy core itself and a
> lot of things where restructured.  The restructuring allows us to force
> a client to connect to a server from a specific port or range of ports.
> In addition, there are now timeouts for all read, write, and connection
> requests.  We now require Winsock 2 support on the end-user's machine
> (Windows 98, NT, Me, and 2000 have this support and there's a free
> upgrade for Windows 95).  This was necessary to improve some things.
> The SSL support is no longer an intercept but an IOHandler.  All of the
> coders have been completely rewritten and restructured.

> > I am mostly interested Http & Https

> SSL works much better in Indy 8.1 and there is even a way to support SSL
> in Linux.  In HTTP, cookie support has been improved significantly and
> there is some new functionality such as HTTP PUT support, and HTTP
> Authentication now includes NLTM and digest.

> --
> Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
> J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu
> http://wvnvm.wvnet.edu/~oma00215/  ICQ Number:  14297043
> Finger for PGP Key

Other Threads