Interbase Express slow than BDE?

hi
It's said the Interbase Express components in Delphi 5 can access
interbase database  much fast than BDE components, but.........
I put two DBGrid into a form to view my master/details table of
interbase 5.5 database in a NT server, master table have about 2000
records,details table have more than 10000 records.
if I use TDatabase ,TQuery,TDataSource, the speed is quite good,
when I switch to TIBDatabase,TIBQuery,TIBdataSource, the navigate
speed is very slow, even skip a record in master table cost about 2
second.
I wander what cause that , can anyone give me some suggestion?

thanks in advance

simon

Re:Interbase Express slow than BDE?

You should use TIBDataSet. The other componets are for migration porpuses
and I suspect that ther are autocommiting. I can't tell you since I still
don't get my copy of D5 (Vendor says me that will come this week but
didn't). I'm using FIB.

Re:Interbase Express slow than BDE?

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 06:51:27 -0600, "Sergio Samayoa" <tec...@c.net.gt>
wrote:

>You should use TIBDataSet. The other componets are for migration porpuses
>and I suspect that ther are autocommiting. I can't tell you since I still
>don't get my copy of D5 (Vendor says me that will come this week but
>didn't). I'm using FIB.

Yes , TIBDataSet is much fast than TIBQuery, but what's the reason ?
the TIBTransaction is auto active when TIBQuery open, How can we
control the commiting action? it will auto commit even every time  I
skip a record?

thanks

Re:Interbase Express slow than BDE?

As I told you I still don't get my D5 but I guess that is the catching and
autocommit mechanism in the TIBQuey.
On the other hand, when you are browsing you don't need to commit unless you
want more recent data. I suggest you to use a commit retaining when modify
data and use read commited transactions for I/O, repetable read only for
reporting or querying.

Other Threads