Oracle Number field returns float

I have a column in an Oracle table defined as a NUMBER(12).  Its
contents are always integer, but when I issue a query in Delphi the
resulting field is always a TFloatField. This is a reasonable result
since Tintegerfields max out at 10 digits.  However, I do want to make
it an integer field on the Delphi side (10 digits are plenty).  Is there
a way, short of resizeing the field in Oracle to force an integer field
on the Delphi side?

Re:Oracle Number field returns float

There's a setting for this in the Oracle driver (BDE configuration).
Say you want Integers as Integers (I forgot the exact wording).

Note: If the value of the int is over 32 bits, you're stuck with a float.
I don't think the BDE understands a 64 bit integer yet.

Eric Engler

Gary Menchen wrote in message <37A5AE89.9382D...@mhic.org>...
>I have a column in an Oracle table defined as a NUMBER(12).  Its
>contents are always integer, but when I issue a query in Delphi the
>resulting field is always a TFloatField. This is a reasonable result
>since Tintegerfields max out at 10 digits.  However, I do want to make
>it an integer field on the Delphi side (10 digits are plenty).  Is there
>a way, short of resizeing the field in Oracle to force an integer field
>on the Delphi side?

Re:Oracle Number field returns float

It is BCD enabled.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The mist crawls from the c{*word*7}like some primordial phantom of romance