ODBC driver for Paradox -PLEASE

Does anybody know where and how can  i get a driver to connect to
paradox tables (version of Paradox bundled with Delphi 4 Professional).
At the present time i'm connecting through the BDE, but i want to
dismiss the BDE and use ODBC instead.

Apprecciate any comment.
Thank you very much..

Re:ODBC driver for Paradox -PLEASE

Carlos Garcia wrote:
> Does anybody know where and how can  i get a driver to connect to
> paradox tables (version of Paradox bundled with Delphi 4 Professional).
> At the present time i'm connecting through the BDE, but i want to
> dismiss the BDE and use ODBC instead.

> Apprecciate any comment.
> Thank you very much..

Merant (formerly Intersolv) has a high performance ODBC driver available
for Paradox in their DataDirect series. http://www.merant.com . We have
embedded it within our ODBC database cleansing application (along with
drivers for 29 other RDBMs's) and it has worked very well.

Realize however, even with ODBC drivers you will still have to use the BDE
unless you write directly to the 32-bit ODBC API (can be monumental even
for experienced developers), or use a layer like ODBC Express or ODBC98.

Bob

--

Best regards,

Bob Brauer
DataFlux Corporation
6512 Six Forks Road
Suite 404B
Raleigh, NC  27615
http://www.dataflux.com
bbra...@dataflux.com
Free ODBC database data quality diagnostic tool:
http://www.dataflux.com/demo

Re:ODBC driver for Paradox -PLEASE

I'm really amazed about your question !

Paradox database manipulation is done directly by BDE !
Do you intend to use ODBC against Paradox tables with Delphi ?
If this is the case you are crazy my friend !
Please tell me what problems give you BDE.

Sergio Samayoa

Carlos Garcia escribi en mensaje <376AA635.6FAC3...@hotmail.com>...

>Does anybody know where and how can  i get a driver to connect to
>paradox tables (version of Paradox bundled with Delphi 4 Professional).
>At the present time i'm connecting through the BDE, but i want to
>dismiss the BDE and use ODBC instead.

>Apprecciate any comment.
>Thank you very much..

Re:ODBC driver for Paradox -PLEASE

Sergio, there's no doubt ignorance has it's price, like been called 'crazy'.

I have this program i developed for a small company, the source is mine and
i have some other potential users, the poblem is that they'll need to
install BDE, and i just can't give it to them, so i thought maybe there was
an ODBC driver for paradox that would allow me to connect without the BDE.

Thank you very much.

Carlos Garcia <celebrac...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I have this program i developed for a small company, the source is mine and
>i have some other potential users, the problem is that they'll need to
>install BDE, and i just can't give it to them...

Why not?

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:ODBC driver for Paradox -PLEASE