Oracle 8.04, BDE 5.01 - Trouble reading TableNames

Has anyone else had problems with the Oracle 8.04 drivers/BDE 5.01
reading table
names?
When I go to assign the TableName property to a TTable object the tables
listed
are permutations of the actual tables and
many of the tables are not even listed. Selecting one of the
permutations
generates an "Invalid table name" error
message.

Using the Oracle 7.3 drivers does not give me this problem.

BDE 5.01 configuration: DLL32 = sqlora8.dll; VENDOR INIT = oci.dll

For example, I want to assign a table called LAWYER to a TTable object.
When I go to assign the TableName property to a TTable object the tables

listed are as follows:
LAWYE
LAWYE
LAWYER
LAWYER
LAWYER
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERE
LAWYERER
LAWYERER
LAWYERER
LAWYERER
LAWYERER
LAWYERER
LAWYERER

Any comments, suggestions, insight very much appreciated.
- Doug

Re:Oracle 8.04, BDE 5.01 - Trouble reading TableNames

Re:Oracle 8.04, BDE 5.01 - Trouble reading TableNames

I was able to solve this problem by downloading the newest Oracle ODBC
driver - 8.052. You can find the driver at
http://www.oracle.com/products/free_software/index.html#8odbc.

- Doug

Douglas Lyford wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems with the Oracle 8.04 drivers/BDE 5.01
> reading table
> names?
> When I go to assign the TableName property to a TTable object the tables
> listed
> are permutations of the actual tables and
> many of the tables are not even listed. Selecting one of the
> permutations
> generates an "Invalid table name" error
> message.

> Using the Oracle 7.3 drivers does not give me this problem.

> BDE 5.01 configuration: DLL32 = sqlora8.dll; VENDOR INIT = oci.dll

> For example, I want to assign a table called LAWYER to a TTable object.
> When I go to assign the TableName property to a TTable object the tables

> listed are as follows:
> LAWYE
> LAWYE
> LAWYER
> LAWYER
> LAWYER
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERE
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER
> LAWYERER

> Any comments, suggestions, insight very much appreciated.
> - Doug

Re:Oracle 8.04, BDE 5.01 - Trouble reading TableNames

why would that fix the problem.  BDE doesn't use the ODBC driver to get to the
data.  That doesn't make any sense.

John

Other Threads