Interbase array fields don't do TArrayfield, why?

Hi,

My databases require many numeric arrays.  However, despite there being
TArrayFields touted in the Delphi manual, they don't surface in my
datasets, but instead show up as bytes fields...is Oracle getting
special treatment?????  This is really frustrating!

Thanks in advance...Ciao

Joe

  jkmcsw.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Interbase array fields don't do TArrayfield, why?

Hello Joseph,

Perhaps you take a look at http://www.dbaltgrid.com - there is a component
which could help you.
DbAltGrid allows free-form layout and hierarchical columns structure in a
DBGrid descendant.
Now you can sort your columns into logical categories, consolidate them and
assign each column to a shared parent column. You can imitate a tree-like
column structure that way. Such interface is similar to object and array
field type interface of the Oracle 8 database, but you can emulate this
powerful technique with any other database now.

--
Kind regards, Andrei Fomine, Altive Software Ltd., infoATdbaltgridDOTcom

Joseph McConnell <jkm...@concentric.net> wrote in message

> Hi,

> My databases require many numeric arrays.  However, despite there being
> TArrayFields touted in the Delphi manual, they don't surface in my
> datasets, but instead show up as bytes fields...is Oracle getting
> special treatment?????  This is really frustrating!

> Thanks in advance...Ciao

> Joe

Re:Interbase array fields don't do TArrayfield, why?

Joe,
  You might post in the interbase newsgroup where you'll get a better
response.

  As for the array fields, you could just store your data in a blob,
don't you remember :)

 -- x
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
Xapware Technologies Inc.
www.xapware.com
www.xapware.tzo.com

Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support
questions received via email.

Re:Interbase array fields don't do TArrayfield, why?

Joe,
 Also keep in mind, if you go with something like Intebase Objects,
you'll have to use a different code base for each of the databases
you're trying to hit. At least for IB.

-- x
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
Xapware Technologies Inc.