TBlobField.LoadFromFile &.SaveToFile dont match with Sybase?

I am using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (latest version)... and I am
trying to store a file in a blob field for recreation later... however when
I recreate the file using TBlobField.SaveToFile(Filename) the file is MUCH
larger than the original...

I have loaded a 63.4k file that saves as a 999,994 byte file... odd I think.

Any suggestions or comments? Anyone seen this before?

Richard

Re:TBlobField.LoadFromFile &.SaveToFile dont match with Sybase?

Hi,

Richard Carruthers schrieb in Nachricht ...

>I am using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (latest version)... and I am
>trying to store a file in a blob field for recreation later... however when
>I recreate the file using TBlobField.SaveToFile(Filename) the file is MUCH
>larger than the original...

>I have loaded a 63.4k file that saves as a 999,994 byte file... odd I
think.

>Any suggestions or comments? Anyone seen this before?

That's a fault at the BDE !
The BLOB SIZE is limited to 32kb !!
So I haven't found a good solution ! ;-((

=> BLOB's doesn't work !!
Sorry !

Bye,
    Martin

Re:TBlobField.LoadFromFile &.SaveToFile dont match with Sybase?

>I am using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (latest version)... and I am
>trying to store a file in a blob field for recreation later... however when
>I recreate the file using TBlobField.SaveToFile(Filename) the file is MUCH
>larger than the original...

>I have loaded a 63.4k file that saves as a 999,994 byte file... odd I think.

>Any suggestions or comments? Anyone seen this before?

have you increased your blob-size-settings in the bde-cfg? 63.4 is
pretty near to the default of 64k..

i have also seen this 999.994-byte-stuff with oracle.

ciao, jan

dokumentenmanagement und mehr: http://www.rsp.de/ vertriebspartner gesucht!

Other Threads