View memo fields in Database Desktop?

Is there a way to view the contents of memo fields when the table is
opened in database desktop?  Help is so helpful - it says to use paradox
to view memo fields - what does that mean?! TIA

Re:View memo fields in Database Desktop?

Press F9 to put the table in edit mode then double click the memo field.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:View memo fields in Database Desktop?

You have to use Paradox. Try using the Database/SQL Explorer that comes with
Delphi. Just click the blob explorer.

Edgar D. Jordan

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:50:30 -0600, Rhea Urusky <rh...@beaverplastics.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to view the contents of memo fields when the table is
>opened in database desktop?  Help is so helpful - it says to use paradox
>to view memo fields - what does that mean?! TIA

Paradox is not just a table format. It is also an application development
tool, ala dBASE or FoxPro. The Database Desktop utility (DBD) is nothing
more than a pared down copy of Paradox. But it does not provide the
capability to view or edit memo or BLOB columns. As EDJordan suggested, try
using the Database Explorer instead.

Steve Koterski                    "My problem lies in reconciling my gross
Technical Publications            habits with my net income."
INPRISE Corporation                             -- Errol Flynn (1909-1959)
http://www.borland.com/delphi

Other Threads