Impact of SQL Database backend on Novel logins?

Hi,
I have a client who wants a database application to run on an existing
Novel 4 network. If I run (say) an Interbase server on the Novel box,
what impact do the connections to the server make on the number of
available Novel connections.

The specs for this application call for scalability for up to 600
users. What RDBMS should I be looking at?

Thanks

.. John

GumNut Software

Re:Impact of SQL Database backend on Novel logins?

John Buxton wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a client who wants a database application to run on an existing
> Novel 4 network. If I run (say) an Interbase server on the Novel box,
> what impact do the connections to the server make on the number of
> available Novel connections.

> The specs for this application call for scalability for up to 600
> users. What RDBMS should I be looking at?

> Thanks

> .. John

> GumNut SoftwareInterbase is not supporting Netware beyond 3.1.  My understanding is

that it works with Netware 4.12, but I am still trying to get it to
connect.

Re:Impact of SQL Database backend on Novel logins?

Recommend MS SQL Server running on separate NT server connected to Novell
Network.  Should have no impact on Novell connections. Interbase might work
this way too but have no experience with it.

John Buxton <j...@teletrak.com.au> wrote in article
<32b38a41.351108...@news.zip.com.au>...

> Hi,
> I have a client who wants a database application to run on an existing
> Novel 4 network. If I run (say) an Interbase server on the Novel box,
> what impact do the connections to the server make on the number of
> available Novel connections.

> The specs for this application call for scalability for up to 600
> users. What RDBMS should I be looking at?

> Thanks

> .. John

> GumNut Software

Other Threads