Delphi and Btrieve for NT/Win95

Hi everybody,

I have written some years ago my own encapsulation for Btrieve files
for DOS/Win 3.x. Now I'd like to port them over to Wint 95/NT.
In the long run I'd like to convert them to components to be fully
into Delphi 3.x.

Under DOS there used to be BTRIEVE.EXE, under WIN 3.x there is
WBTRCALLS.DLL for access to Btrieve files.

Which files do I need for Win NT/95 ? Do I have to bay a Btrieve
development package r are they also contained in other products ?

I'd be thankful for any pointers.

BTW, does someone of you know of a new Delphi version. I heard rumours
about a 4.0 6 months ago, but since then nothing more.

Please reply alos via Email, since I do not check this NG regularly.

Rudi

Re:Delphi and Btrieve for NT/Win95

Rudi Ziegaus wrote:
> I have written some years ago my own encapsulation for Btrieve files
> for DOS/Win 3.x. Now I'd like to port them over to Wint 95/NT.
> In the long run I'd like to convert them to components to be fully
> into Delphi 3.x.

> Under DOS there used to be BTRIEVE.EXE, under WIN 3.x there is
> WBTRCALLS.DLL for access to Btrieve files.

> Which files do I need for Win NT/95 ? Do I have to bay a Btrieve
> development package r are they also contained in other products ?

You can purchase just a single license of the Workstation engine. It
costs about 100$US, rather than the much more expensive developer kit.
Contact Pervasive software for more info, http://www.pervasive.com

Best regards,

Michel
------
Container and Persistent classes for Delphi
http://www.cam.org/~mibra/spider

Tab Transcriber
http://www.cam.org/~mibra

Re:Delphi and Btrieve for NT/Win95

On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 07:48:08 -0500, Michel Brazeau <mi...@cam.org>
wrote:

>Rudi Ziegaus wrote:
>> I have written some years ago my own encapsulation for Btrieve files
>> for DOS/Win 3.x. Now I'd like to port them over to Wint 95/NT.
>> In the long run I'd like to convert them to components to be fully
>> into Delphi 3.x.

>> Under DOS there used to be BTRIEVE.EXE, under WIN 3.x there is
>> WBTRCALLS.DLL for access to Btrieve files.

>> Which files do I need for Win NT/95 ? Do I have to bay a Btrieve
>> development package r are they also contained in other products ?

>You can purchase just a single license of the Workstation engine. It
>costs about 100$US, rather than the much more expensive developer kit.
>Contact Pervasive software for more info, http://www.pervasive.com

>Best regards,

>Michel
>------
>Container and Persistent classes for Delphi
>http://www.cam.org/~mibra/spider

>Tab Transcriber
>http://www.cam.org/~mibra

Thanks for the info ! However, there are some programs which contain
already Btrieve (e. g. I have an accounting package which uses Btrieve
for Win 3.x). If I had such a package for NT I would not even need to
buy the Workstation engine, since in this case I already had it.

However to investigate, if I have the Workstation engine, I'd need to
know the file names which are needed).

Maybe I have it already on my machine, so it would be of no use to buy
it. If not, I'll contact Pervasive software.

Rudi

Other Threads