Code Size (do it yourself vs using Delphi objects)

(Note:  I am referring to Delphi 2.0)

In experimenting with making more compact executables, dlls, etc. I've
been transfering (cutting and pasting) only the few functions I need for
whatever I'm writing from the libraries (such as Windows.Pas, etc.) and
I've been able to shrink VERY simple apps to around 8K.

My question is, I already have projects that I used the TRegistry Object
in.  Is it worth re-writing using RegOpenKey, RegCloseKey, etc...?

Has anyone tested to see how much of a size difference this would make?

I was writing my small utils in 'C', but if I can keep them down around
8-12K, why not do it in Delphi!?

Dave