Paradox table, sorting on calculated field

I use delphi and a paradox table with some calculated fields.

Normally i sort a table by setting a different indexname for the table.

Is this also possible for a calculated field?  (Obviously I can not make an
index in the database desktop)

Can i make an index for a calculated field at runtime or is there another
way to sort a table on a calculated field?

thanks

Rob

Re:Paradox table, sorting on calculated field

No, you cannot index or sort on a calculate field unless you use a
TClientDataSet for your data access and editing.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Paradox table, sorting on calculated field

Thanks for the answeres, Will have to find some other solution.

Rob

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <b...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> No, you cannot index or sort on a calculate field unless you use a
> TClientDataSet for your data access and editing.

> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
> (Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Other Threads