memory problems and muddled memo field contents

I use memo fields extensively in my app and some of my users have
noticed that the content of these fields is sometimes, as they put it,
muddled.

After lots of investigating I think the problem occurs when the app
writes to the database.  In my app I have a class which is instantiated
up to 4 times and the contents of each of these objects forms the basis
of a record in the table.

I know that objects 'encapsulate' data and hence the contents of each
object is separate but I was wondering if I needed to increase the
memory available to my app to hold these objects?

Has anyone else had this problem?

How do I increase the memory available to Delphi?

Please help.  I feel I'm clutching at straws here.

Re:memory problems and muddled memo field contents

Dr C{*word*157}te Gamsu wrote in message <38A0BA44.B8A69...@gamsu.sol.co.uk>...
>I use memo fields extensively in my app and some of my users have
>noticed that the content of these fields is sometimes, as they put it,
>muddled.

>After lots of investigating I think the problem occurs when the app
>writes to the database.  In my app I have a class which is instantiated
>up to 4 times and the contents of each of these objects forms the basis
>of a record in the table.

>I know that objects 'encapsulate' data and hence the contents of each
>object is separate but I was wondering if I needed to increase the
>memory available to my app to hold these objects?

You do not have to do anything to increase memory, the entire available
memory for your machine is available to your application (if Windows runs
short, it starts paging memory to disk killing performance, but will still
run).

However, TMemo controls (which wraps Windows built-in multiline edit) is
limited to about 32K on Win95/98, so if you're trying to display more than
this in a single memo then you will see problems. If this is the problem
then exchange the TMemo control for a TRichEdit control.

--
Wayne Niddery - WinWright Consulting
RADBooks - http://members.home.net/wniddery/

Other Threads