Access 95 & D4 Queries

Standard SQL generally has dates enclosed in single quotation marks as
strings. In Access, you need to enclose the date value inside of pound
signs eg. #1/1/98#. So, a where clause might look like this:

        SELECT * from Table1 WHERE Table1.LastDate <= #1/1/98#

Keep in mind that if you set RequestLive to true, you must conform to
the subset of SQL 92 that the BDE uses. If you set it to false, you
can use Access's full SQL syntax and functions.

Woody

Anthony Maske wrote in message

<3658d44d.36147...@forums.inprise.com>...
>How do I represent a date value in the WHERE clause of an SQL
>statement that is bouncing off an Access table?

>Actually, while I'm asking... <g>, are there any guidelines, FAQs,
>etc...  concerning running queries from Delphi and Access tables?

>Thanks....
>Anthony Maske
>mailto:ajma...@inreach.com
>http://home.inreach.com/ajmaske

Re:Access 95 & D4 Queries

see MSAccess section at http://www.finalfiler.com/delphi

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:35:42 -0600, "Woody" <woody....@ih2000.net>
wrote:

>Standard SQL generally has dates enclosed in single quotation marks as
>strings. In Access, you need to enclose the date value inside of pound
>signs eg. #1/1/98#. So, a where clause might look like this:

>        SELECT * from Table1 WHERE Table1.LastDate <= #1/1/98#

>Keep in mind that if you set RequestLive to true, you must conform to
>the subset of SQL 92 that the BDE uses. If you set it to false, you
>can use Access's full SQL syntax and functions.

>Woody

Thanks for the info and answer...!!
Anthony Maske
mailto:ajma...@pacbell.net