Porting D1 -> D3

Hello all,

I've just ported an app from D1 to D3 & all went swimmingly, almost.
The 16-bit app ran fine on NT4, but the ported version produces a 'no
more files' error after opening a handful of files.

The port only involved initialising a couple of strings, so there have
been next to no changes - I'd coded with porting in mind.

My BDECFG System has MAXFILEHANDLES = 256

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
--
Stephen Kenny

Re:Porting D1 -> D3

>'no more files' error after opening a handful of files.
>The port only involved initialising a couple of strings, so there have
>been next to no changes - I'd coded with porting in mind.

>My BDECFG System has MAXFILEHANDLES = 256

That may be too high.  Setting Maxfilehandles significantly above the
default may not leave file resourses for opperations other than BDE.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads