hi, all
i happen to find after a while , at the microsoft website, that loading
a 16-bit dll from 32-bit code will fail, at least when using
LoadLibrary().
in fact, the dll doesn't get loaded at all, no way, from my delphi 3
application.
(can't create proces, dll is currupt, and so on..)
how do i get around.?
i've been looking all over the place for an answer to this one, but
maybe just not the right place?
thanks for any help
cu,
guido

Re:loading a 16-bit dll?

Hello Guido!
I have investigated how to load 16-bits DLL in a Delphi 32-bits app and
found some 3rd party product (described in Microsoft papers). The result
was that it was very tricky to implement and furthermore could give
secondary effects with bad results.
Please try to convert the DLL-s to 32-bits.
Good Luck
Kurt.Anneb...@swipnet.se

Guido Aerts <aerts.gu...@skynet.be> skrev i inl?gg
<3651FC9D.E2E06...@skynet.be>...

> hi, all
> i happen to find after a while , at the microsoft website, that loading
> a 16-bit dll from 32-bit code will fail, at least when using
> LoadLibrary().
> in fact, the dll doesn't get loaded at all, no way, from my delphi 3
> application.
> (can't create proces, dll is currupt, and so on..)
> how do i get around.?
> i've been looking all over the place for an answer to this one, but
> maybe just not the right place?
> thanks for any help
> cu,
> guido