bug with editmask

When I use the editmask property of a field object, the keyboard freeze.

It seams that all TField... objects have the same problem.

Is someone have a solution for that?

Thanks

Pierre Fortin

Re:bug with editmask

In article <32B5D94B.5...@saglac.qc.ca>, stij...@saglac.qc.ca says...

>When I use the editmask property of a field object, the keyboard freeze.

>It seams that all TField... objects have the same problem.

>Is someone have a solution for that?

>Thanks

>Pierre Fortin

As I wrote in a previous post:

Hello,
A few days ago there was a post asking about Delphi setting NumLock on and off
in MaskEdits and that causing problems on some computers.  It seems that at
least some Compaqs have problems because of their BIOS.
The fix/workaround requires the VCL source code:
in lines 865/866 of MASK.PAS the keyboard state gets set.  Comment out these 2
line and add
NewKeyState := KeyState;
This will fix the problem (I'm not even quite sure if you need the above
assignment but it'll work with it in).
Jochen

Re:bug with editmask

CF Jonquiere wrote:

> When I use the editmask property of a field object, the keyboard
> freeze.

> It seams that all TField... objects have the same problem.

> Is someone have a solution for that?

  Out of Idle curiousity...  Do you have an AT&T or Dell computer?

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Other Threads