Help Needed for writing Help Files

Ron,

>For those of you who are Delphi developers, have any of you found a good
>program for writing Windows help files?  I am looking for a program that works
>something like Delphi (i.e., I'm not looking for a DOS based program).

  We are currently using ForeHelp, which we purchased from Borland at a
discounted price ($80 I think - it's a $300-$400 program).  I recommend
it highly.

>I already have an .RTF file started but am having fits with my word processor
>(WordPerfect 6.1) which doesn't like to work with Rich Text Formatting.

  No it doesn't.  Re-defines slooooow.

Good Luck,

-Ed Salgado
 Eminent Domain Software

Re:Help Needed for writing Help Files

For those of you who are Delphi developers, have any of you found a good
program for writing Windows help files?  I am looking for a program that works
something like Delphi (i.e., I'm not looking for a DOS based program).  I
already have an .RTF file started but am having fits with my word processor
(WordPerfect 6.1) which doesn't like to work with Rich Text Formatting.

Any suggestions?

Ron Chichester
RLC Technologies

In article <47e7u8$...@degas.ICSI.Net> Ed Salgado <easal...@icsi.net> writes:
>>For those of you who are Delphi developers, have any of you found a good
>>program for writing Windows help files?  I am looking for a program that works
>>something like Delphi (i.e., I'm not looking for a DOS based program).
>  We are currently using ForeHelp, which we purchased from Borland at a
>discounted price ($80 I think - it's a $300-$400 program).  I recommend
>it highly.
>>I already have an .RTF file started but am having fits with my word processor
>>(WordPerfect 6.1) which doesn't like to work with Rich Text Formatting.
>  No it doesn't.  Re-defines slooooow.
>Good Luck,
>-Ed Salgado
> Eminent Domain Software

I second the motion... and third...  Got ForeHelp from Borland, upgraded to
2.0 (much nicer) at the upgrade-price, and NEVER looked back.  It's great.

rlct...@hic.net (RLC Technologies) wrote:

>For those of you who are Delphi developers, have any of you found a good
>program for writing Windows help files?  I am looking for a program that works
>something like Delphi (i.e., I'm not looking for a DOS based program).  I
>already have an .RTF file started but am having fits with my word processor
>(WordPerfect 6.1) which doesn't like to work with Rich Text Formatting.

Try ForeHelp from Borland. It works fine for me.

Hans-Peter

Other Threads