"Imaging for Windows" TIF Display error

Hi All

Using Windows Imaging, I can view tif files stored on the hard drive. If the
tif file is on the net, and I answer yes to view from its location (instead
of downloading), I get the error message that it cannot find the file (but
if I download, I can open it)

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Chris

Re:"Imaging for Windows" TIF Display error

And this has to do with Delphi because . . . ?

Anyway, it's probably a matter of file associations, it seems to me. Check
both in Windows and IE to make sure that TIF files are associated with the
program you wish to use to open them.

Have a great day!

Ernest
(efairch...@home.com)
_____________________
"You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason
why we observe daylight savings time." -- Dave Barry

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

Christopher Viljoen wrote:
> Any thoughts?

You did ask for _any_ thoughts?

'Wang Imaging' (IIRC) aka 'Kodak Imaging' (IIRC) aka 'Imaging for
Windows' aka 'Kodak/Microsoft Imaging' (IIRC) has a colourfull history.
When it was first developed, its developers did a real good job,
especially in the TIFF codec departement. But they sold the code and
went taking baths in champain for the rest of their lives. The company
they originally sold it to didn't manage to maintain the code. It got
sold again, same story again, etc...

It used to be very good, and it still shows a lot of the qualities it
used to show. But it has not properly been supported and maintained for
quite some years now.

This is way I am not at all surprised that it shows the problem you
describe here. I'd give up on it, if I were you. It's various 'owners'
have.

Joris

Other Threads