Union in Delphi

I just tried to use a union in a Delphi 5 TQuery with Interbase and the BDE.
It failed with the message that the capability is not supported. I have used
unions frequently in the past in Sybase and Oracle without any problems. Am
I missing something here?

Re:Union in Delphi

"Bob Vasseur" <vasse...@mscomm.com> wrote in message

> I just tried to use a union in a Delphi 5 TQuery with Interbase and the
BDE.
> It failed with the message that the capability is not supported. I have
used
> unions frequently in the past in Sybase and Oracle without any problems.

Unions are fine, but make sure RequestLive in the TQuery is false.

--
Wayne Niddey (Logic Fundamentals, Inc.)
RADBooks: http://www.logicfundamentals.com/RADBooks/delphibooks.html

Other Threads