dbexpress error: invalid field type

My database code is originally written for ADO. Now I want to use dbexpress
as well (in order to soon use kylix).
I have a successful connection to mssql server 7.
I use an parametrized update, like
UPDATE MYTABLE SET MYDATE=:MYDATE
and before executing the statement I set
Params.ParamByName(MYDATE).Value := TDate(MyDelphiVariableOfTypeTDate);
However, I get an error: "dbexpress error: invalid field type".
Any idea why?
What approach will I have to do to make dbexpress understand?
/Steve

Re:dbexpress error: invalid field type

Steve,

Try set DataType property of 'MYDATE' param to ftTimeStamp.

Nelson Nepomuceno
nel...@farmoffice.com.br

"steve blake" <stebl...@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem

> My database code is originally written for ADO. Now I want to use
dbexpress
> as well (in order to soon use kylix).
> I have a successful connection to mssql server 7.
> I use an parametrized update, like
> UPDATE MYTABLE SET MYDATE=:MYDATE
> and before executing the statement I set
> Params.ParamByName(MYDATE).Value := TDate(MyDelphiVariableOfTypeTDate);
> However, I get an error: "dbexpress error: invalid field type".
> Any idea why?
> What approach will I have to do to make dbexpress understand?
> /Steve

Other Threads